Wednesday, December 17, 2008






Today I woke up to the strange sound of a sucking contraption the youngest native was pushing. It looks like a smaller version of what I call a vaccum in my land. I am all too familiar with it back home. It seems some things are the same everywhere. This one was slightly different than the one I am used to. It seems it is necessary to attach wires from your back to your ears before starting the machine. They call it an ipod.


They seem to start the training process young. To my knowledge this little girl is 17 months old. It even looks like she enjoys it.


This time of year seems busier than normal for these families. They are frequently seen at fancy gatherings called parties and each party has a tree with toys and balls and lights strewn all over it. I followed the Elder of the family to countless parties, but one in particular he made me dress up. I clean up pretty nice I think. The party was at Stone Mountain Marriot and it was for his job.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is one of the cutest pics of Maelee ever! You and my bro look nice! I really like your hair flipped like that.